The Minnesota State High School League policy states that to be eligible for participation in MSHSL activities, one must be making satisfactory progress towards graduation.
To earn a Letter the student must do the following:
- Ranking will be determined at the end of the regular season based on average seasonal scores:
- To qualify for varsity ranking, a student has to have a season average score of 19 to 25.
- To qualify for junior-varsity ranking, a student has to have a season average score of 15 to 18.9.
- Students with an average score of 0 to 14.9 will be ranked as a novice shooter.
- Student athletes with no more than one unexcused absence per competition season will be eligible to earn a letter at AVHS by fulfilling one of the following requirements: a competitive seasonal average score of 19 or higher, scoring 24 or 25 at any conference or State meet, being a member of a team that wins a State or Conference Championship at any level, being selected for an All-State or All-Conference Team, or participation in the club for three or more years.
- Additionally, a student can earn a letter if they perform at a level higher than their seasonal performance during a conference or State meet. Example: A JV student who shoots Varsity level scores at State will earn a letter.