As a member of the Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club you understand that you have been given a unique privilege to participate in this High School Sport.
- You will agree to follow all of the rules as outlined by the Minnesota State High School Clay Target League and those that the Club, School and District have adopted.
- You will be respectful of all your fellow team members and coaching staff at all times and represent the Team and School with pride and integrity whenever you are participating in a League event or Team activity.
- You are required to purchase, maintain and wear the assigned Club’s uniform anytime that you are competing with the team or while attending any League event or Team activity unless otherwise directed by the Club’s leadership.
- Athletes and Parents will respect their Coaches and follow their direction. Athletes and Parents understand that they need to follow this direction especially during our League event or Team activity at all times for Safety reasons to protect all Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers and Spectators.
- You agree to make Safety the Number One Priority whenever you are handling a firearm.
- You agree to not bring any firearms or ammunition on any school property.
- All members of the Club are strictly prohibited from using, purchasing, possessing, selling, distributing or manufacturing any illicit or illegal drugs or chemicals, performance enhancing drugs, or any other substance banned by the International or United States Olympic Committees, or by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”).
- All members of the Club are strictly prohibited from using, possessing or being under the influence of: (a) any alcoholic or intoxicating beverages; or (b) tobacco or tobacco products; at any Club facility, function, meeting, competition, practice or other Club activities.
- Courtesy and Sportsmanship go hand in hand with safety to create a safe and fun environment. They also portray our sport in the best possible light within our school and the greater community. There will be a strong emphasis on the value of team unity, sportsmanship, and hard work. Every player will have an important role to play. A critical part of being a good team is everyone knowing their role, and performing it to the best of their ability. Trap shooting is a fun sporting competition that is a once-in-a-lifetime high school experience which we hope you enjoy and take with you well into your future as adults.
- Along with the safety rules the following conduct and sportsmanship rules will be strictly enforced:
- Blatant violations of safety rules, discourteous behavior including heckling, bullying, trash talking, temper tantrums or disobedience of directions from coaching staff will result in immediate removal from the trap line and possibly club grounds, with further disciplinary actions at the discretion of the Head Coach.
- A second violation will result in expulsion from the team and forfeiture of shooting fees paid. This will be at the discretion of the Head Coach/Board of Directors of the Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club, Inc., whose decision will be final.
- The Minnesota State High School Clay Target League (MSHSCTL) has specific rules regarding appropriate attire and conduct as well. You are expected to abide by the Leagues Policies and Procedures. More information can be found at the league’s website: mnclaytarget.com
- Any misuse or violation of these rules could result in suspension of your shooting privileges with the team and possible permanent removal from the team’s roster.
The Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club will not tolerate harassment, discrimination, violence, hazing or bullying within the club. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the club.
Filing a Complaint
- Any person who believes he or she has been the victim of illegal harassment, discrimination, violence, hazing or bullying by an Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club team member or staff, or any third person with knowledge or belief of conduct which they believe constitutes illegal harassment, discrimination, violence, should immediately report the alleged conduct to an Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club board member or coach.
Investigation of Complaint
- Upon receipt of a report or complaint of alleged harassment, discrimination, violence, hazing or bullying, the Board President and Head Coach shall immediately undertake or authorize an investigation.
- The investigation may be conducted by the Board President and Head Coach or by a third party chosen by the board. The board of directors may use their discretion to require an investigation even if the complainant asks that the matter not be investigated and even if the complaint is also being investigated by the authorities, except in cases of child sexual abuse which the board has no obligation to investigate and for which investigations are to be carried out by the authorities. In some cases, the board may elect to postpone or delegate an investigation in deference to another investigation of the same conduct by the authorities.
- In determining whether the alleged conduct constitutes harassment, discrimination, violence or hazing, the Board shall consider: the surrounding circumstances, the nature and severity of the behavior, past incidents or past or continuing patterns of behavior, the relationship between the parties involved and the context in which the alleged incidents occurred. Whether a particular action or incident constitutes a violation requires a determination based on all the facts and surrounding circumstances.
- The investigation may consist of: personal interviews with the complainant, personal interviews with the individual(s) against whom the complaint is filed (separate from the interviews with the complainant), personal interviews with others who may have knowledge of the alleged incident(s) or circumstances which led to the complaint and any other methods and documents deemed pertinent by the investigator.
- The board may, at its discretion, take immediate steps to protect the complainant, member or other staff pending completion of the investigation.
- In all cases, the alleged perpetrator shall be notified that retaliation against the individual who filed the complaint or those contacted in the course of investigating the complaint is cause for disciplinary action.
- The club will respect the privacy of the complainant, the individual(s) against whom the complaint is filed and the witnesses, as much as possible, consistent with the club’s legal obligation to investigate, to take appropriate action and to conform with any discovery or disclosure obligations.
- The investigation shall be completed as soon as is practicable, and the Board President and Head Coach, or board designated investigator(s), shall submit an investigation report to the board once the investigation is complete. The report shall include a determination of whether the allegations have been substantiated as fact and whether they appear to be violations of The Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club policy.
- The complainant will be notified in writing when the investigation is complete and information will be shared to the extent permitted by data privacy laws.
Right to Alternative Complaint Procedures
- This regulation does not deny the right of any individual to pursue other avenues of recourse which may include filing charges with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, initiating civil action or seeking redress under state criminal statutes and/or federal law.
- If at any time you feel a complaint needs to be made, please contact one of the coaches. We want to ensure that the needs and safety of the athletes are met. If you feel you cannot approach a coach, please contact the Board of Directors of the Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club, Inc.
- Note that the School District will not accept complaints dealing with this Club as we are our own 501(c)3 with a governing body in place. If complaint procedures are not followed, the complainant will be responsible for all costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by the Club in the event the Club is the prevailing party in any dispute over Club fees or other Club policies or rules. Further participation in the Club will not be allowed unless the bill is paid in full.