Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club enlists volunteer coaches for all duties in assisting/coaching the team. Any person interested in joining the team as a coach must meet the following criteria and pass a background check:
- Must have United States citizenship or legal permanent status;
- May not have been convicted of drug or sexual offenses, crimes against a minor or any felony offense within the last three (3) years.
- May not have pending charges related to drug or sexual offenses, crimes against a minor or any felony-level offense.
- Must be willing to give at least a one-year commitment (Spring and Fall seasons);
- Must be able to volunteer three to five hours per week;
- Must possess the necessary written and verbal communication skills to perform the varied tasks; and
- Must be familiar with the Coaching Ethics Code.
If at any time during your volunteering should any of these above statements become false, you must immediately notify the Head Coach so the Board of Directors can make a determination on your volunteer eligibility.
Once a Coach on the team, you must follow these requirements:
- Offer instruction both at the line and behind it.
- Attend classes or seminars to further your coaching skills either on your own or as put on by the Apple Valley High School Trap Shooting Club. Any classes attended on your own would be at your own expense.
- Attend team coaches meetings.
- Committed to staying from start to finish for as many shoots as possible.
- Ability to lead and organize a group on your field (RSO, Scorer, Squad Leaders, etc.).
- Keep the Head Coach updated with squad needs and progress.
- Always demonstrates a positive attitude and behavior while around the team.
- Have the ability to communicate with parents and school officials in a positive manner.
- Ability to fill the role of the Head Coach if the need arises.